High Protein Foods. 6 Powerful Examples


Protein is necessary for the maintenance of bodily functions at various stages of your life. As the major component of all cells, bone and muscle tissue, protein is vital for bodily growth, development and immunity functions. The Recommended Dietary Allowance for protein is 56 grams daily for men and 46 grams daily for women. In order to lose weight with high protein foods, it is recommended that you take at least 120 grams of protein each day.

Benefits

High protein foods are becoming more and more popular in modern-day diets. In fact, research has found that protein is able to satisfy hunger better than carbohydrates or fats. Studies have found that less hunger, more satisfaction and weight loss result from reducing fat to 20% of the total diet calories, increasing proteins to 30% and carbs to 50%. Study participants were found to have eaten 441 calories a day while following the high-protein diet and regulating their own calorie intake. High protein diets in combination with exercise have also been found to enhance fat and weight loss, while improving blood fat levels. High protein diets are also recommended as enabling dieters to better control their appetites, as well as how many calories they consume.

High protein foods are thought to enable dieters to maintain lean tissue while burning fat for fuel, without having to be bothered by being hungry all the time. It still isn’t understood how exactly these foods work in reducing your appetite. However, it is believed that this may be because high-protein diets cause the brain to receive lower levels of hormones responsible for stimulating your appetite. This may also be attributed to eating reduced amounts of carbs, as well as the specific effect of proteins on your brain chemistry and hunger hormones.

Who Should Avoid This Diet?

Eating high quantities of proteins poses no danger to your health unless you suffer from kidney disease. If you wish to increase your intake of proteins, you should do so slowly over the course of a week. Your safest bet when it comes to dealing with high protein foods would be to first consult your health practitioner before largely increasing your dietary intake.

List of Foods That Are High In Proteins

  • Fish
  • Seeds
  • Nuts
  • Oils
  • Olives
  • Avocado

Photo by jillmotts

Adding High Protein Foods to Your Diet

If you wish to lose weight with high protein foods, be sure to include lean and low-fat sources of protein in your meals so as to control your calorific intake. It is also recommended that you combine the proteins with “smart” carbs such as fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Go for protein sources that are rich in nutrients and low in fat and calories such as beans, meat, low-fat dairy and soy. A good way to add these foods to your daily diet is by snacking on fat-free mozzarella cheese or hard boiled eggs. You could also have a whole cup of milk with your breakfast cereal, and thereafter some smoked salmon or lean sausages as a great way to start your day.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *