Prasouda Diet. 9 Ingredients of the Mediterranean Style Cousine.
Dieting is a big concern to people who are not only conscious of their weight gain and loss but also to people who maintain an active and healthy lifestyle. There are many different kinds of diet plans and one of the most well-known is the Prasouda diet. Lets take a look at this healthy and balance diet for weight loss.
It is noticeable that most people from the Mediterranean area (Spain, Greece, Italy, etc.) do not usually get diagnosed with highly common western diseases like the metabolic syndrome. This is because they have incorporated a diet plan which does not need the aid of supplements and diet pills or any other ready-made food that they would have to purchase regularly in order to maintain their diet.
Photo by tjmwatson
The Prasouda diet is also known by another name, the Mediterranean diet. This way of eating was practiced in the area, particularly by the Cretan people from the Greek islands. Unlike other diet plans which eliminate a particular category of food, this type of dieting still incorporates all the food groups from fresh fish to wine in moderate and ample amounts.
The Prasouda or Mediterranean diet involves the following:
(1) Frequent intake of fish (fresh)
(2) Lots of vegetables, legumes, and fresh fruits
(3) High intake of virgin olive oil
(4) Dairy products such as cheese, milk, and yogurt
(7) Unrefined grains
(9) Daily intake of wine
The main sources of protein in the Prasouda diet are the meat, dairy, fish, poultry, and eggs. The virgin olive oil and the nuts make up the major source of fat intake. Vegetables and fruits are ideal provided that they are organic. Wine, on the other hand, is believed to provide benefits to the health of a person if he or she drinks a glass daily. Lastly, grains prepared the traditional way are more packed with nutrients as their nutritional value is not stripped away by modern methods of preparation.
One simple and very healthy recipe from the Prasouda diet is a simple salad mixed with tomato, cucumber and feta. The ingredients are:
(1) Cucumbers (2 pounds, chopped)
(2) Tomatoes (1 pound, chopped)
(3) Olives (1 cup)
(4) Scallions (chopped)
(5) Mint leaves (1/2 cup, chopped)
(6) Feta cheese (6-8 oz., crumbled)
(7) Lemon juice (1/4 cup)
(8) Extra-virgin olive oil (6 tablespoons)
(9) Salt and pepper
(1) Mix the tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, scallions, mint leaves, and feta cheese in a bowl.
(2) Mix the lemon juice and olive oil thoroughly to make the dressing. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
(3) Pour the dressing into the bowl and toss the other ingredients along with it.
There are still more recipes available on the Internet if you want to know more about this diet plan. If you are not sure whether you want to try this diet plan or not, try doing some research and you will find that sticking to this type of diet is actually one of the most effective and healthiest ways of eating you will find in the whole world.