How to Lose Weight on Your Thighs Once and For All
How to lose weight on your thighs is a question many women and men often ask themselves. Instead of hiding your thick thighs inside sweatpants, you should look into beginning a weight loss regimen that specifically targets your thighs. Read on to find out more on how to lose those thick thighs once and for all.
You should note that it is virtually impossible to lose weight only in the region of the thighs. However, when you incorporate a combination of various changes to your diet, weight training and cardio exercises, you should be able to enjoy weight loss all over your body – your thighs included. It is advisable to consult a health practitioner before altering your exercise regimen or diet, this is especially so for individuals with certain health conditions or injuries.
Steps to Losing Thick Thighs
- In order to learn how to lose weight on your thighs, you will need to incorporate a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio exercise into your daily workout routine. Cardio exercises and aerobics are ideal for getting your heart rate pumping, thereby burning off calories and enabling weight loss. For instance, when you run at a speed of 8mph, your body is able to burn roughly 986 calories in every hour. Keep in mind that in order to shed 1 pound, you will need to burn off 3,500 extra calories than you consume.
- Whenever you have the opportunity to be more active, grab it! For instance, skip the escalator and instead opt for the stairs, and park your car in the back lot instead of the front. Such small lifestyle adjustments add up over time, thereby enabling you to burn off more calories and shed excess pounds.
- Another great tip on how to lose weight on your thighs is to avoid saturated fat sources such as butter and red meat. Instead, go for olive oil and fish, which provide you with monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. This will reduce your caloric intake and assist in creating a calorie deficit in your body.
- Use a stability ball at least two times a week to tone your thighs and define and tighten your muscles as you shed that excess weight.
- Use plyometrics at least twice a week to tighten and tone your thighs.