10 Recommended Vitamin K Foods.
Vitamin K foods provide various nutritional benefits to the body. Recent studies have found a link between the intake of vitamin K rich foods and the treatment of osteoporosis and Alzheimer’s disease. Because there is no known risk of developing toxicity from vitamin K, there is no limit to how much you are allowed to consume. The good news is that there are a wide range of foods that are considered great sources of vitamin K. Read on to find out more about the ten recommended vitamin K rich foods to include in your weight loss diet.
Photo by I Believe I Can Fry
The 10 Recommended Vitamin K Foods
- Dried and fresh herbs: Over the centuries, herbs have been used for medicinal purposes because they are full of nutrients such as vitamin K. Some of the popular choices of vitamin K herbs include dried basil, dried thyme, dried sage, fresh parsley, dried marjoram, dried coriander, dried oregano and fresh basil.
- Dark leafy greens: Dark leafy greens are other ideal sources of vitamin K. These include kale, dandelion greens, cress, collards, spinach, mustard greens, turnip greens, Swiss chard, beet greens, radicchio, broccoli, raab and lettuce.
- Spring Onions: Scallions or spring onions are also great vitamin K food sources which go great in your stew, soup or salad.
- Brussels sprouts: Brussels sprouts are packed with vitamin K and make a great addition to any meal.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is another of the key vitamin K foods that not only tastes good but is nutritious as well.
- Chili powder, paprika, cayenne and curry: In addition to spicing up you’re your stew, spices and curries are great sources of vitamin K.
- Asparagus: Even as you feast on your tasty steamed asparagus, you are certain of increasing your intake of the vitamin K that this food source contains.
- Cabbage: Whether you prefer it in your coleslaw or cooked, cabbage is sure to add to your dietary intake of vitamin K.
- Pickled Cucumber: Snacking on a jar of pickles also provides you with a healthy source of vitamin K.
- Prunes: Prunes are yet another of the vitamin K foods which provide the body with this essential vitamin, so as to increase your overall health.